Welcome to Koronekes® blog.
At Koronekes® we are passionate about extra virgin olive oil but about art as well!
This section is dedicated to all nature and tree lovers to enjoy likewise.
We will add a painting, a drawing, or a photo frequently.
Send us any amazing photo you might come across, or have taken yourself!
Our painting of the day is “Olive Trees at Collioure“, Henri Matisse 1905.
- A majestic off center olive tree depicted in an imaginary atmosphere, though typical of the beautiful sunsets in Southern France, are an invitation to see the world differently.
- The juxtaposition of complimentary colors, give the landscape a bright and vibrant dreamy quality.
- Matisse paints of poetry and sings the joy of a tree that brings the fruit of olives, providing visual pleasure and vital sustenance.
- Imagine yourself there, a warm breeze, a baguette in hand and a bowl of our green olive oil, the burst of flavours bringing the colours to life.
Henri Matisse (French, Le Cateau-Cambrésis 1869–1954 Nice) Olive Trees at Collioure, summer 1905 (?) Oil on canvas; 17 1/2 x 21 3/4 in. (44.5 x 55.2 cm) The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, Robert Lehman Collection, 1975 (1975.1.194) http://www.metmuseum.org/Collections/search-the-collections/459161
- Rights and Reproduction:© 2016 Succession H. Matisse / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York